In doing the research for the music scholarships, I came across some scholarships sponsored by national retail chains. This is not an exhaustive list, but in your spare time, check out your local department stores to see what they offer too.
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship: They are preparing for the next year but if you want to stay informed please go HERE to sign up for e-mail notifications.
How does it work?
- Students must be between the ages of 6 and 18 as of March 15, 2015 and not yet a high school graduate.
- The student’s volunteer actions should be described in detail on the nomination.
- Volunteer efforts must have occurred in the last year.
- Winners will be chosen based on the benefits and outcomes of their volunteer service.
- Nominators must be 21 or older.
For the working student: Being employed while in school not only helps pay college bills, it can also bolster your resume. It’s even more beneficial if your company offers employee scholarships.
The Walmart Associate Scholarship , for example, offers up to $16,000 to selected employees. There are several 2014 application dates and the next deadline is March 3.
Nordstrom’s Cares Scholarships: Sign up for updates.
Nordstrom is excited to award $10,000 scholarships to 80 U.S. and Puerto Rican high school and 10 Canadian secondary school students to help them achieve their dreams of going to a four-year university. The Nordstrom Scholarship recognizes outstanding students across the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada for their exceptional scholastic achievement and community involvement.